We strive to help our community members lead active lives. Our staff regularly schedules activities, trips and events while actively encouraging all to particpate. Belle Oakes Living Center offers many different types of weekly and monthly activities to keep our tenants active and enjoying life. Everyone who lives or works here are all part of our family.
A broad range of programs is directed by the activities coordinator. The planning and implementation of activities comes from requests by tenants, families, staff, and volunteers. Examples of a few such activities are:
- Birthday parties to which all community members are invited. Families and friends are also encouraged to participate
- Celebrations of various holidays, both secular and religious
- Musical events and performances featuring local artists
- Hobbies, Arts and Crafts
- Games that foster both one-to-one relationships and group activity. Bingo is a favorite for many, but cards, chess, and other games for smaller groups are also available
- Outdoor activities include gardening, fishing, or just enjoying time in the sun alone or with a friend
- Special Events like our own version of Survivor, where everyone participates
- Trips and tours to community events
Fill out a contact form on this page and let us know you’d like to be sent newsletter!